Union View began in 1944 with a group of dedicated Christians who were committed to reaching people for Christ. God saw fit to bless their new work and the church soon found themselves in need of a place to meet. Since the church had little funds they came up with a novel idea. They would purchase an army barracks that was scheduled to be taken down and rebuild it on a new site. The plan worked, and Union View had its first meeting space. Later on the church bricked the wooden building which remains to this day. It is a vivid reminder that we are not hear to accumulate material possessions–we still meet in the converted army barracks.
Today our church has a singular focus: we are here so that people might know and delight in Christ. We build on the creativity of those before us and aim to communicate the powerful, life changing truth of the gospel to our generation.